- Businesses For Sale in Saskatchewan
- Recruitment in Saskatchewan
- Competitive Advantages
- New Business Immigration Strategy for Saskatchewan
- Find Workers
- Who requires an LMIA?
- Who does not require an LMIA?
- When does an applicant have Arranged Employment?
- International Skilled Worker – Occupations In-Demand
- International Skilled Worker – Employment Offer
- Global Talent Stream / Global Skills Stream
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
- Investments Creating Jobs in Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon: A place for great Business Opportunity
- Super Visa Canada
- Young Entrepreneur Finalist in Saskatchewan
- Working in Saskatchewan; Skilled Workers Required
- Recommended Links
- Recommended People
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
- SINP Business Program
- SINP Entrepreneur Category for Investors
- SINP Farm Owner Operator
- SINP Student Category
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
SINP Farm Owner Operator
Saskatchewan, ‘the land of the living skies’ is a farmer’s dream and has an excellent program for farmers who want to purchase their own piece of paradise. Owning a farm in Saskatchewan can be rewarding, challenging, and offers a unique lifestyle.
If one is interested in starting any size farm or purchasing an existing farm; Saskatchewan is the place. The rural communities in Saskatchewan are a great place to raise a family and the educational facilities are similar to the largest cities. Everyone in town knows your name and is friendly.
IIBC is capable of facilitating the purchase of a farm or land through its network of professionals, complete all required paper work, provide advice and, offers tours around the province to find the perfect fit. We take great pride in our customer service and want to make the transition as simple as possible.
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) – Farm Owner Category
The main benefits of this program are that you get two nominations, one for work permit and one for permanent residence. The ability to own land while waiting for PR is appealing. Through this program you can bring one farm manager to work at the farm which is ideal for experienced farm owners.
Through the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) – Farm Owner Category, you can be part of one of Canada’s fastest growing economy and population. Through the years, the arrival of immigrants from all over the world has boosted Saskatchewan’s economy which is largely composed of agriculture and other industries.
The SINP Provincial Nominee Program allows applicants with skills and experience needed by the province to receive a Saskatchewan Provincial Nomination Certificate and allow them to process their papers faster than other Immigration Application Classes.
Since Saskatchewan is “the land of the living skies”, it can offer sprawling farmlands which can be what a farmer’s dreams are made of.
How do you secure your eligibility?
In order for you to be eligible for the Farm Owner Category, you must be qualified for the following minimum criteria:
1. Must prove through Ministry approved third-party evaluators that you have a net worth of $500,000 CAD
2. Proof of accumulation of said net worth through legal means
3. Documented proof of farm operation knowledge, experience, and expertise
4. A viable study or proposal for a commercial farming operation in Saskatchewan with your intention to reside in Saskatchewan
5. Once your application is approved for nomination, you will be sent instructions on how to pay a refundable cash deposit of $75,000 CAD Good Faith Deposit that will be held in trust.
Your refundable deposit:
- Will be returned once you meet the terms of Performance Agreement
- Will be forfeited once the terms are not met within two years of operation in Saskatchewan
Minimum Criteria for Young Farmer Stream
If you are a 40-year old or younger farmer, have $300,000 CAD net worth (verified minimum of 80%), at least 3 years of documented and verified farm management, practical skills, and ownership experience, then you are eligible for the Young Farmer Stream.
Please note that you have to submit a comprehensive research for a farming venture that you wish to conduct supported by consultations, investigation, research, and formal inquiry that is viable for Saskatchewan’s agricultural landscape. The farm should have a minimum annual profit of $10,000 CAD and must be able to prove viable commercial Saskatchewan farming prospect. Also, you have to prove that your spouse/common law partner is able to supplement the farming income with his/her employment skills through education and/or experience.
Before application, you must meet the following nomination criteria:
1. Have an exploratory visit to Saskatchewan for at least 5 business days
2. Proof of skills and farming experience that can be related to Sasktchewan farming
3. Investment of at least $150,000 CAD in a new or existing farming project
4. Make the $75,000 CAD Good Faith Deposit in the Saskatchewan Entrepreneur Trust Fund wherein you have to give $2,500 upon acceptance and $72,500 upon receiving nomination.
Contact International Immigration and Business Consulting (IIBC)
If you have any questions about the SINP Farm Owner Operator category or require help, please contact us anytime for more information.